After 16 months, in my role as the Industrial Heritage Support Officer (IHSO), I’m leaving Ironbridge to join the Canal & River Trust as the Destinations Development Officer for West Midlands. My last day is this Friday, the 30th August so please do get in touch if you have any questions before then. After Friday, please contact my line manager, Gillian Crumpton (details below).
Although I’m leaving, I’m delighted to let you know that the following Industrial Heritage Network meetings are going ahead without external support:
- 18th September – IHN Cornwall & Devon at SS Freshspring (please contact the host directly if you’re interested in attending – click here for details).
- 8th October – IHN West Midlands at Etruria Industrial Museum (please contact the host directly if you’re interested in attending – click here for details).
- 8th November – IHN South East at the National Museum of the Royal Navy (please contact the host directly if you’re interested in attending – click here for details)
The following meetings will go ahead in the Spring once the new IHSO has been appointed:
- IHN South West at the Westonzoyland Pumping Station
- IHN North West at the British Commercial Vehicles Museum
- IHN North East at the National Museum of the Royal Navy in Hartlepool
The following inaugural meetings will take place as soon as the new IHSO has been appointed:
- IHN East Midlands at the Nottingham Industrial Museum
- IHN East of England at the Burwell Museum & Windmill
- IHN Yorkshire at the Leeds Industrial Museum.
IHN London at the House Mill – date TBC.
The Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust (IGMT) is currently looking into a replacement IHSO. In the meantime if you have any queries please get in touch with IGMT’s Collections and Learning Director, Gillian Crumpton: email@example.com.
I’ve had a truly interesting and rewarding time as the IHSO and I would like to thank you for your support. Hopefully our paths will cross again in the future!
2 thoughts on “Pastures new for Joanna Turska (IHSO)”
Thank-you for this message. May I take this opportunity to wish you well in your future endeavours with the Canal & Rivers Trust.
Please pass on my contact details to the next person who takes up the role of the Industrial Heritage Support Officer (IHSO)
Museum Development Officer
Museum Development Yorkshire
York Museums Trust
St. Mary’s Lodge
Please note that from 1st. May 2018 my normal working week will be Monday – Wednesday inclusive. I will aim to respond to any enquiries within one working week. If your enquiry is more urgent, please contact one of my other Museum Development Yorkshire colleagues.
Thank you Dieter. I’ve made sure the new IHSO has your contact details.