Carshalton Water Tower, West Street, Carshalton, Surrey, is a grade II* listed garden building, built between 1717 and 1720. It contains a suite of rooms which offer both pleasure and practical facilities. The Pump Chamber contains the water wheel which used to power pumps to raise fresh spring water into a cistern, housed at the top of the crowning tower, and to deliver this water on-tap to the mansion, Carshalton House, and fountains in the landscape garden by natural gravity. There is a Bathroom with an exquisite plunge bath, and walls lined with Delft tiles, the Saloon and the Orangery can also be viewed.
Throughout 2019, the Friends of Carshalton Water Tower will be holding a number of events. Take a look at the list of events here!