Applications for the 2022 Association for Industrial Archaeology Research Grants scheme is now open. The AIA exists to promote the study, preservation and presentation of Britain’s industrial archaeology and heritage, and the research grant scheme underpins key aims of the Association. It does that by:
- Encouraging individual researchers to study industrial archaeology subjects
- Encouraging the development of industrial archaeology skills within commercial units, the main repository of professional skills in the subject
- Supporting local industrial archaeology and industrial heritage societies in exploring and understanding their local areas
- Helping to develop the next generation of industrial archaeologists
The total fund available in any single year is £1,500 and multiple grants may be given up to this maximum in a single year. The AIA may consider part-funding a wider grant application or project as long as the AIA grant is a significant part of the larger application / project.
· Anyone working in industrial archaeology in the UK – volunteer, student, academic or professional.
· Societies or organisations can apply but need to nominate an individual as the lead.
· The kind of work supported includes excavation, field survey, and documentary analysis but does NOT include conference attendance (we have separate funds for such support).
· The grant must form a significant part of the overall research funding being sought or must support a distinct and discrete element of a wider research project.
· The researcher must acknowledge the role of the AIA in supporting their work in any publicity.
The deadline for applications is 31 January 2022. Follow this link to download full details and an application form (.docx 40kB). If you have any further questions please contact the coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org